The 2022 AACD Photo Contest, "The Wonders of Arkansas", is open to amateur photographers who are residents of the state of Arkansas. Each photo has to fit in one of the four photo categories (listed below). One entry per category but participant can enter one photo in each of the four categories.
One adult and one youth winner will be selected for each category. Each 1st place winner will receive a $25 cash prize. One photo will be chosen from the 1st Place winners as "Grand Prize Winner" and will receive a $50 cash prize. Winning photos will be displayed at AACD's state office in Little Rock. Photos will be judged at the 2022 AACD Annual Meeting on February 10, 2022. Checks will be issued by AACD after the annual meeting.
(Adult – 18 yrs and older)
(Youth–less than 18 yrs of age)
Landscape/Waterscape – photos of lakes, hills, mountains, streams, any picture
in which the scenery is the primary focus and taken in Arkansas
Livestock/Wildlife – cows, horses, pigs, deer, birds, chickens, any animal which
fits one of these definitions
Cropland – rice, cotton, corn, soybean, sunflowers, any picture of a commodity
grown in Arkansas as a crop
Forest/Plants – trees, flowers, grass, any type of tree, shrub and/or plant
found in nature in Arkansas
- Photos must be submitted:
(1) Photos must be turned in electronically no later than
4:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
(2) Entries must be submitted electronically per person to avoid mixing up photos.
(3) Photos must be taken within the 2021calendar year
(4) Photos may be taken by a digital camera or phone camera
- Winning entries must provide the following before cash prizes can be
(1) A signed photo release form, which must be a hard copy if a private individual can be recognized in the photo.
(2) Photo with entry form submitted in electronic format to
- All must be received by
February 1, 2022. For early entries:
(1) Email to
(3) Completed signed must be received to be eligible for
Please note: If you intend to enter more than one photo (maximum of four photos per participant), you may submit all entries on the same entry form, but photo release form, if required, for each photo. Any photo depicting children and/or adults without appropriate signed release form will not be considered for the contest. If they can be identified in the photo you must submit a signed photo release prior to judging or the photo will be eliminated.
- Black-and-white prints, color prints and prints from digital photos are all
acceptable and will be judged together.
- Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary
burning, dodging and cropping.
not send photo reproductions from a printed publication.
entries become the property of AACD, and AACD reserves the non-exclusive right
to use all photographs in publications or for promotional purposes.
Photos will be judged on technical merit and composition. For technical
merit, judges may check to see if the photo is well-framed, properly exposed and
sharp and clear. For composition, judges determine if the photo features a
recognizable center of interest, action and imagination and creativity. If you
have questions or need more information contact Debbie Moreland, Program
Administrator, at (501) 425-2891 or email at .